Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I DID IT!

I finished my very first real sewing project!  I am very proud of myself.  A friend of mine made a crib sheet for McKenzie's crib so I decided to cover a bumper pad to match it.   I have never done anything like this so it was an adventure.  I took way too long at the fabric store and finally found something I liked.  Then I had to figure out  how to measure and cut to precise measurements.  Once this was done I hand sewed nearly 16 of the 24 ties.  It was fun but I was ready to move on to other things that need my attention.  At this point I borrowed a sewing machine and finished the rest.  I had never used a sewing machine before so it was interesting in the beginning.  Either way, I am done and proud of the product.  Here are some before and after pictures.

Before:


 After:



5 comments:

Beth said...

Way cute Wendy! Way to go on your first project too! Now you just need to get a sewing machine and you won't be able to stay away from projects.

Val said...

It looks terrific, Wendy! And I love that fabric!

StamKeve said...

Well done Wendy!

The Fawcett Family said...

Super cute!!! You can do anything, can't you?? :) Super mom! Wish you lived closer!

Anonymous said...

台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室 , 台灣辣妹影音視訊聊天室