Thursday, September 3, 2009

We have moved!!

Hooray!! We are finally out of our "crap hole" as I like to call it, and into our new place!! We were so excited and couldn't wait to move. Thanks to good friends and a wonderful mother-in-law, we were able to load and unload our truck in two hours on Saturday morning, and be completely unpacked and put away by Saturday night (all but pictures of course).

It is so wonderful to have:

1. quiet but more importantly WORKING a/c's (that's right, we have two of them, one for each side of the apartment, we can now control the a/c in our room to be cooler or warmer than the rest of the apartment
2. a washer and dryer (Is it sad that our highlight is to do laundry now?)
3. a dumpster across the street (Brooklyn now watches me from the apartment while I take out our trash)
4. a parking spot that in right by our door (I can now unload the groceries while the kids are in the apartment instead of hauling two kids and a stroller full of groceries from the car to the apartment!)
5. tons of space
6. a dishwasher that is no longer ruining my dishes
7. a bedroom for the kids where there toys actually fit in their room (because of this, Brooklyn actually plays in her room and absolutely loves it)
8. we finally feel like we have enough living room, kitchen, and dining room space that we can have people over
9. a kitchen where I can cook and watch the kids play at the same time
10. the list can go on and on and on about how wonderful this place is, but I will end with this, I HAVE FINALLY BEEN ABLE TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!! That's right, I was waking up nearly every half our at our other place because the blasted a/c would make an awful noise every time it kicked on during the night. I had to get out of bed and switch it off and then back on again so that the noise would go away. Trevor has been sleeping through the night since about June, so it has really been frustrating that I haven't been. But finally, I know what it is like to actually have a good nights rest!!!

Soon enough I am going to attempt to video our apartment (due to requests) and post it to the blog, if that doesn't work then you will just have to deal with pictures!!

4 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

I'm glad you guys finally got a decent place! I remember what a huge improvement our lives were when we finally got into an apartment with a washer/dryer. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Teandra said...

Awesome! New places are always great.

Amylee said...

Congratulations! It is such a breath of fresh air to move into a place where you actually FIT. I can't wait to see pictures.

Beth said...

Yeah! I TOTALLY know what you mean about the washer and dryer! I was WAY excited when we first moved into a place with a w&d.

So where did you guys move to?? Are you still in good ol' Coronado ward?