Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our Two Year Old

So yesterday was Brooklyn's 2nd Birthday. We have been talking about it for a while so I think she knew what was coming. When yesterday came, she was very excited. Last week Sterling and I asked Brooklyn what she wanted for her birthday, her response was "nunch." I then asked what else she wanted for her birthday and she responed "ninner." So there you have it, all she wanted for her birhday was to have lunch and dinner, as if she doesn't get that everyday anyway. So for her birthday we went to our new apartment that we haven't moved into yet and had a little picnic, opened presents, and just let her play with her new kitchen set. She had a blast. When it got late, we came back home and had cake and ice cream. When I was growing up my mom would make us special cakes such as a witch or cat or something. So I decided that since Brooklyn loves My Friends Tigger and Pooh, I would make her a Winnie the Pooh cake. Upon her requests we even had pooh hold a honey pot. She was so happy yesterday as we let her pretty much be the boss of the day and do about anything she wanted. She new it was her special day. She loved it whenever someone sang Happy Birthday to her, she just got a big smile on her face. So, I sang it to her several times yesterday with several different versions. Anyway, we are proud of our little girl and amazed at how she is getting so smart and learning so much everyday. She just needs to grow a little as she still wears her clothes she got for her birthday last year!! I guess that is good for us though! Well, Happy Birthday Brooklyn Mae, we sure do love you!!














6 comments:

Amylee said...

I love the cake! I need to get ambitious like you and do something awesome for Will this year. Happy Birthday Brooklyn, you cute little girl!

Val said...

Wendy, you've got cake skills! And obviously Sterling survived putting the kitchen together. I'm glad Brooklyn had such a great birthday!

Doris said...

Awesome, Brooklyn is so grown up and loving life, wish everyone could always be so happy!!! The Cake is wonderful, Wendy, now you will have to do something every year!

The Montgomery's said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! It's amazing how fast they do grow! It looked like a fun party! Awesome cake!

The Shaw Family said...

How the heck did you get that cake to look so great? Awesome job, I'm glad she had a good day.

MTMcGee said...

Happy Belated Birthday Brooklyn!! Glad you had a fun day!